Welcome to Pegasus Class!
In Pegasus Class you will find 19 awesome Year 3 children. Mrs Young teaches on Mondays and Ms Domoney for the rest of the week. You will also find Mrs Jameson and Mrs Robson, our amazing TAs, who love to help everyone with their learning.
This term, inspired by our whole-school topic of Dreams and Goals, we are going to be:
- story-writers and poets
- historians, travelling back in time to the Roman invasion of Britain
- mathematicians, learning about place-value, 3D shape, measuring, fractions and times tables
- artists, inspired by Yayoi Kusama
- sportspeople, improving our tennis and tag rugby skills
- scientists, investigating rocks and soils
- animators, working with technology
Every week your homework will be:
- learn your spellings for a test and dictation on Fridays
- play either TTRockstars OR Numbots (aim for 10 minutes, 2-3 times a week)
- read three times, aloud to an adult
If you would like to do some more learning at home, see below for some ideas.
Ms Domoney and Mrs Young are always pleased to see work that has been completed in your own time.
Home Learning Ideas - Autumn Term
- Investigate the countries, seas and landmarks of Europe
- Practice your observational drawing skills
- Play board games with two dice and practise your speed adding
- Practise telling the time with both analogue and digital clocks
- Write a letter to your favourite author
- Write a review of a book or a film that you have read/seen
- Try an online kids yoga session to help you chill out (RelaxKids or CosmicKids is very good)
- Draw a map of "your world" - could be your house or your bedroom
- Research an Italian recipe and have a go at making it
- Keep your eyes out for signs of Autumn
- Research a famous Italian composer or artist
Don't forget to bring your work into school to share :)
Home learning links for Pegasus
(hint: your login is the same for both)
(for SpellingShed, MathsShed and QuizShed)