Welcome to Pegasus Class!
In Pegasus Class you will find 26 awesome children - a marvellous mixture of Year 2s and Year 3s. Mrs Young teaches on Mondays and Ms Domoney (me!) for the rest of the week. You will also find Mrs Jameson and Mrs Robson, our amazing TAs, who love to help everyone with their learning.
This term we are very busy indeed, here's why.... we will be:
- investigating our whole-school topic - Under The Sea
- going back into pre-history to find out about the Stone Age, Bronze Age and Iron Age
- becoming experts in solids, liquids and gases
- learning new skills and enjoying the outdoors in Forest School
- using our class book - Stone Age Boy - to inspire our writing
- learning about Judaism
- using all kinds of materials to make amazing art
Every week your homework will be:
- learn your spellings for a test and dictation on Fridays
- play either TTRockstars OR Numbots (aim for 10 minutes, 2-3 times a week)
- read three times, aloud to an adult
If you would like to do some more learning at home, see below for some ideas.
Ms Domoney and Mrs Young are always pleased to see work that has been completed in your own time.
Home Learning ideas - Winter Term
- Investigate the seas and oceans of the world
- Play board games with two dice and practice your speed adding
- Practice telling the time with both analogue and digital clocks
- Write a letter to your favourite author
- Write a reveiw of a book or a film that you have read/seen
- Try an online kids yoga session to help you chill out (RelaxKids is very good)
- Find a piece of music inspired by the sea and use it to make up your own dance routine
- Find out about your favourite sea creature
- Resarch a famous Stone Age site such as Stonehenge or Skara Brae
- Visit a local Stone Age site
- Find out about a synagogue - what would you see if you visited one?
- Collect blackberries and use them to make jam or crumble
- Follow a YouTube tutorial for how to draw a sea creature
Don't forget to bring your work into school to share :)
Home learning links for Pegasus
(hint: your login is the same for both)
(for SpellingShed, MathsShed and QuizShed)