In Elves Class we are an exciting mixture of 21 children from Year 3 and Year 4.
In our classroom you will also find Ms Collinson, Mrs Dunkley and Mrs Stone.
This term we are busy with the following: reading our amazing class book Kid Normal; learning about the Apollo missions as part of our space topic; classifying living things; going swimming; and being inspired by music thanks to our our Take One Song topic!
To keep up to date with all our Elfish goings-on, check back to this page for pictures, links and more.....
- Year 5 & 6 Residential trip to Magdalen
- Year 3 & 4 Residential trip to Kilve Court
- Going on the Life Bus
- Dissecting plants
- Writing speeches, inspired by Malala Yousafzai
- Dancing to our "Take One Song" - Seize The Day
Elves Term 4 Highlights
- World Book Day
- Writing our own chalk painting adventures
- Year 5 Maths Challenge Day
- Firstly, don't forget your Mary Poppins homework, your reading and your passports
- Here's a link to an online game to spot adverbs and verbs (requires flash)
- Test your maths skills with the Countdown Number Game
- Make new words using this prefixes and suffixes game (requires flash)
- Get ready for our space topic by building your own solar system!
- Not had enough of Mary Poppins? Why not ask your parents/guardian if you can watch Saving Mister Banks (parents please note, this film is a PG - for details to help you decide if it's suitable the BBFC has useful information here)
- Still not had enough of Mary Poppins? Here's a link to the Disney on Broadway YouTube Channel where you can find our about the stage show. Remember to check that it's ok to use YouTube!
- and of course you've got Abacus Games, Read Theory and Times Tables too
Don't forget to get outside as well - maybe you could fly a kite like Jane, Michael and Mr & Mrs Banks!
- videochat with Australia
- trying Australian food (vegemite was not popular with everyone!)
- making our own Aboriginal art
- learning to play the ukelele
- a portrait masterclass with a professional illustrator
- too many other things to mention!